Ten things that happen when an "oldtimer" meets a newcomer in an organization
1. Oldtimer talks, newcomer listens.
2. Oldtimer asks newcomer to ask questions.
3. Oldtimer does not ask questions.
4. Oldtimer says: »I was once like you«
5. Oldtimer says: »In theory – yes, but ...«.
6. Oldtimer forgets newcomer´s name.
7. Oldtimer has not found time yet to read newcomer´s proposal.
8. Oldtimer says »It´s more complicated than that«.
9. Oldtimer insists on using outdated information.
10. Oldtimer proposes that it is maybe a good idea to accompany him/her for some time before going at it alone.